What is NYSAMTE?
NYSAMTE is the New York State affiliate of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. The organization was accepted as an AMTE affiliate on January 21, 2022.
The mission of NYSAMTE is to promote all aspects of quality mathematics teacher education in New
York State. Specifically, the purposes are to:
1. Facilitate communication and collaboration among mathematics teacher educators across the
2. Promote research and other scholarly endeavors related to mathematics teacher education;
3. Encourage and organize programs and meetings focusing on issues related to the preparation
and professional development of mathematics teachers;
4. Coordinate activities and work collaboratively with other associations, organizations, and
governmental units concerned with the preparation and professional development of
5. Advocate for effective policies and practices related to mathematics teacher education at all
levels both within and beyond the State of New York; and
6. Advocate for equitable practices, including efforts to support and increase the diversity of
mathematics teachers and mathematics teacher educators.